HISTORY OF JGSU
In 1958, under the instruction of Chinese Communist Party Central Committee, the State Council and the Central Committee of Jiangxi Provincial Party Committee, four high education institutes were founded in Ji’an City under the leadership of Ji’an Prefectural Committee, i.e. Ji’an Engineering Institute, Ji’an Agricultural Institute, Ji’an Medical Institute and Ji’an Teachers’ College. In December of 1958, the four institutes were merged together to form Jinggangshan University by Ji’an Prefectural Committee. On July 1, 1959, Jinggangshan University was formally founded under the approval of Jiangxi People’s Committee. In July of 1963, Jingganshan University was suspended owing to the national economic difficulties.
In October of 1977, Jinggangshan Branch College of Jiangxi Normal College was established on the basis of former Jianggangshan University under the approval of the people’s government of Jiangxi Province. In April, 1982, Ji’an Teacher’s College was founded under the approval of Ministry of Education, P. R. China. In March of 2000, under the approval of MOE, Jingganshan Teachers’ College was established with the combination of Ji’an Teachers’ College and Ji’an Education College.
In August, 1978, under the approval of the People’s Government of Jiangxi Province, Ji’an Branch Institute of Jiangxi Medical Institute was founded on the basis of the Medical Department of former Jinggangshan University. In April of 1993, Ji’an Branch Institute of Jiangxi Medical Institute changed its name as Jinggangshan Medical College under the approval of National Education Committee.
In March, 1984, with the approval and record of the National Education Committee, Industrial Workers’ University of Ji’an Prefecture was established, whose name was changed as the Staff and Workers’ University of Ji’an Prefecture in 1986. Meanwhile, The Public Transport Cadre School was founded. In April of 2004, Jingganshan Polytechnic was founded under the approval of the People’s Government of Jiangxi Province.
On July 9, 2003, Jinggangshan College was formed with the combination of Jinggangshan Teachers’ College, Jianggangshan Medical College and Jinggangshan Polytechnic under the approval of MOE, whereas Jiangganshan University was under preparatory construction simultaneously. In August and September of 2007, under the approval of Ministry of Education of P. R. China and the People’s Government of Jiangxi Province respectively, Jinggshan College changed its name as Jinggangshan University. The opening ceremony for the reconstruction of Jingganshan University and the signing ceremony for the joint key support by People’s Government of Jiangxi Province and Ministry of Education were held simultaneously on October 28, 2007.